Historic Vehicle Scheme | 60 Day Log Book Trial

BEAC Logo 2


The 60 day log book trial was introduced on the 01 October 2015, and the British & European Automobile Club (Southern Highlands NSW) Inc. is a confirmed, participating club for the trial. Members are able to go to the RMS with the appropriate documentation, and take up the 60 day Log Book Trial option.

For members with cars already on historic registration, you just need to take the following documents to the RMS.
• Your most recent registration form,
• A completed RMS Change of Records (form 1021) – this form is available from the RMS website and the ROC website (refer HVS Forms page).

Your existing Conditions of Use form,

The RMS will issue a new Conditions of Use form, and a Log Book Sheet with the pro-rata number of personal use days corresponding to the number of months of registration you have remaining for your current registration period.

 Alternatively, you can
• Click on to the link to the Roads & Maritime Services website below,
and look for “Classic Vehicle Log Book trial”, then pick the condition that suits your position, ie. your Club is confirmed, and you are a member with an existing HVS registered car, the site will confirm the process and documentation you require.

• Link to the Roads & Maritime Services Website for the HVS 60 Day Log Book Trial RMS NSW 60 Day Log Book Trial

There is no cost increase or extra charge at this point in time – but costs may be reviewed at the completion of the trial.

The 60 days can be used for Maintenance or any Personal use.
These are in addition to current club HVS uses.
You must enter your proposed Run on your RMS Log Sheet before commencing the Run so as to comply with regulations.
It is strongly recommended that you read, or contact, your Insurance Company’s latest Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Booklet.

For members with cars that are unregistered or on full registration, you will need to apply for a new historic conditional registration through the Historic Plates Registrar. You can cancel your existing full registration, however, a registration cancellation fee plus a CTP credit may apply. Alternatively you can switch to the HVS scheme and opt in to the 60 day trial when your full registration period expires.

To apply for a new historic conditional registration, you need to arrange for, &/or complete the following documents.

Application for Conditional Registration (RMS form 1246),
Historic Vehicle Declaration (RMS form 1259),
Arrange a manual pink slip inspection to confirm road worthiness,
BEAC Member Declaration and Vehicle Eligibility form

Make sure you advise the RMS staff that you want to opt in to the logbook trial when applying for a new HVS, otherwise they may just provide you with a basic HVS registration without log book, and you will have to go back with a change of records document to get the log book.

Contact | Rob Stenvert | Historic Plates Registrar
British & European Automobile Club (Southern Highlands NSW) Inc.
m | 0409 813 878 | e | [email protected]


Southern Highlands NSW